Reporting to the Engineering Services technical lead, the hardware validation engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing and performing a variety of hardware tests.
- Develop software-controlled automated tests to generate data.
- Analyse data to understand where failures are occurring, and how to most effectively reproduce them.
- Perform tests by following standard documentation or design a system to perform the tests.
- Demonstrate skills in software engineering, data analysis, and documentation.
Some desirable skills include:
- Strong hardware fundamentals – especially schematic design or fault-finding experience
- Experience in testing or development with:
- Cellular technologies - LTE-A/WCDMA/GSM, SIP, VoLTE, IMS
- Broadband technologies - ADSL/VDSL/Gfast
- Communication protocols – Ethernet, WIFI, USB
- Programming experience – Python and C preferred
- Confidence in Linux operating systems
- Soldering and hand-assembly
Permanent – Full time
Lane Cove, Sydney