Unique opportunity to work for a company that focuses on delivering world leading and innovative telecommunications products and services.
- ASX Listed Company
- New role
- Collaborative culture
Established in 1982 by a small team that developed Australia’s first Modem, NetComm has engineered new generations of world first data communication products and is now globally recognised innovator in the industry. NetComm has offices in Australia, Europe/UK and US.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Automation Test Engineer to assist our Software and Hardware teams deliver timely and high quality products that are not only thoroughly tested, but exceed performance benchmarks. You will report to the Automation Test Team Lead based in the Sunrise, Florida office. You will design, write and execute product test plans, cases, scripts and procedures which are aligned to defined product requirements. You will ensure product testing is conducted thoroughly and results are stored centrally. You will be responsible for creation of test automation framework that is repeatable and reusable for multiple projects. You will use your testing and automation skills to automate various types of tests triggered by continuous integration environment, and improve overall test coverage. You may be required to provide feedback and suggestions for modifications/additions to documentation templates and processes to enhance work completed. You will assist your manager to conduct test process and automation training for other team members. As a successful applicant, you will be an adaptable and flexible individual with an attention to detail who is willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Skills and experience?
- 3+ years of software test/automation development
- Strong experience with computer networking (IP networks, routing protocols, VPNs, WiFi, cellular networks)
- Good knowledge of LTE/ RF
- Able to provide thorough and accurate documentation
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, and backed by unit testing
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development practices.
- Demonstrated experience in test automation using one of the following program languages: Python (preferred), Java, C#, Ruby, or C++.
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and shell scripting is highly desired
- Object Oriented Design/Principles
- Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experienced with embedded systems / embedded software is a plus.
- VMware or Virtual Box experience is a plus.
- Experience with user interfaces that utilize RESTful designs is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools is desirable
- Excellent understanding of different types of testing (i.e. load, performance, reliability, usability, etc) and their scope and boundaries
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Experience with open source development and testing tools such as Selenium
- Excellent communication skills are required
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
Perks and Benefits?
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible hours
- Medical benefits like health cover including dental and vision
- Retirement benefits and Life coverage
Due to the fast nature of this opportunity, only successful candidates will be contacted in this instance.
NetComm is an equal opportunity employer and we focus on diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Note: Only applicants with existing rights to work in USA will be considered for this role.