Unique opportunity to work for a company that focuses on delivering world leading and innovative telecommunications products and services.
- ASX Listed Company
- New role
- Collaborative culture
Established in 1982 by a small team that developed Australia’s first Modem, NetComm has engineered new generations of world first data communication products and is now globally recognised innovator in the industry. NetComm has offices in Australia, Europe/UK and US.
We are seeking a motivated and eager collaborator, curious and constantly thinking of creative ways to make things better. As a successful applicant, you will be an adaptable and flexible individual with an attention to detail who is willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities. The objective is to create robust products according to specification in a timely fashion. Responsibilities include the debugging, integration and testing of radio protocol software. Understanding of cellular radio protocols stack, signal processing, interaction between physical layer and upper layers (DSP, L1, L2, L3) is essential. Responsibilities also include the designing, debugging, integrating and testing of radio rf control and configuration software. Modem and RF hardware design is essential. You will report to the Software Team Lead – Radio, based in the Sunrise, Florida office.
- Review requirements and estimate software tasks
- Investigate and resolve integration and performance (RF hardware performance and L1/L2 signaling protocol) related issues within the radio software stack encountered in drive testing, field testing, parametric, IOT, pre-certification testing, carrier certification, and 3GPP/3GPP2 certification testing.
- Work closely with RF hardware team in all stages of the development of fixed modem products using Qualcomm transceiver/modem chipset and reference design solution.
- Customization of Qualcomm radio/modem stack for NV configuration, RF configuration (RF paths control and configuration, antenna switches, pa drivers, FBRX paths, saw filters, port configuration, lna control) and RF control (temperature power control, transmitter power, transmitter cutback for SAR and TIS carrier requirements, MHS, pa therm tables, tuning). RFFE and GPIO methodology used for RF IC control.
- Extensive usage of Qualcomm development toolset, QDART, QCAT, QSPR, QXDM for development as well as debugging. Analysis of certification test system and base station logs.
- Experience and familiarity of QMI modem control and interface for starting modem services and controlling modem operation. Modem services such as SIM, GNSS, WDS, diagnostics, etc.. Perform BSP (board support package) activities, including providing testable software for manufacturing, hardware bring-up, and evaluation
- Interface with hardware, manufacturing and project teams both locally and remote.
- Ensure documentation is thoroughly and accurately completed
- Provide feedback and suggestions for modifications/additions to documentation templates and processes to enhance work completed
- Ensure speedy analysis and solutions to issues
- Keep up to date with relevant technology
- Build strong internal relationships
Skills and experience?
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- Fluent in C programming ability essential
- Experience and familiarity in debugging, integration and testing of Qualcomm radio/modem software stack.
- Prior experience with wireless networks, signal processing, interaction between physical layer and upper layers (L2, L3)
- Prior experience with embedded software development, hands-on experience using embedded debuggers, system profiling tools etc.
- Experience and/or interest working in the development and integration of Radio software for industrial products in any of the following wireless technologies: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, HSDPA/HSUPA/WCDMA, LTE, WiFi.
- Lab experience using embedded debuggers, test equipment (base station simulators), logging equipment or software diagnostic tools
- Experience in radio protocol stack certification and/or NVIOT issues resolution
- Thorough understanding of programming fundamentals and principles
- Strong problem-solving skills, and demonstrable experience at solving real-world problems
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to work as an effective part of a team
- Passionate about technology
Perks and Benefits?
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible hours
- Medical benefits like health cover including dental and vision
- Retirement benefits and Life coverage
Due to the fast nature of this opportunity, only successful candidates will be contacted in this instance.
NetComm is an equal opportunity employer and we focus on diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Note: Only applicants with existing rights to work in USA will be considered for this role.