Unique opportunity to work for a company that focuses on delivering world leading and innovative telecommunications products and services.
- ASX Listed Company
- New role
- Collaborative culture
Established in 1982 by a small team that developed Australia’s first Modem, NetComm has engineered new generations of world first data communication products and is now globally recognised innovator in the industry. NetComm has offices in Australia, Europe/UK and US.
We are seeking a motivated and eager collaborator, curious and constantly thinking of creative ways to make things better. As a successful applicant, you will be an adaptable and flexible individual with an attention to detail who is willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities. The objective is to create robust products according to specification in a timely fashion. You will report to the Software Team Lead - Kernel/BSP based in the Sunrise, Florida office.
- Review requirements and estimate software tasks
- Evaluate software quality and suitability from 3rd parties both proprietary and open source
- Design, write, integrate, test, and debug complex Linux embedded systems software with quality and timeliness in accordance with requirements and specifications
- Perform BSP (Board Support Package) activities, including providing testable software for manufacturing, hardware bring-up, and evaluation
- Interface with hardware, manufacturing and project teams both locally and remote.
- Provide input to the hardware team on their designs
- Perform thorough unit testing and test automation
- Ensure documentation is thoroughly and accurately completed
- Provide feedback and suggestions for modifications/additions to documentation templates and processes to enhance work completed
- Ensure speedy analysis and solutions to issues
- Keep up to date with relevant technology
- Build strong internal relationships
Skills and experience?
- 5+ years of embedded software development
- Fluent in C programming is essential
- Demonstrable working knowledge of other programming languages and makefiles
- Solid working knowledge of a source control management system (Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc)
- Specific Linux Kernel development experience a plus
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of another programming language such as Bash, Lua, Python, Go, Java, etc
- Good knowledge of computer networking (IP networks, routing protocols, WiFi, cellular networks) is a plus
- Ability to translate a hardware component’s data-sheet into a software driver
- Strong problem-solving skills, and demonstrable experience at solving real-world problems
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to work as an effective part of a team
- Passionate about technology
Perks and Benefits?
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible hours
- Medical benefits like health cover including dental and vision
- Retirement benefits and Life coverage
Due to the fast nature of this opportunity, only successful candidates will be contacted in this instance.
NetComm is an equal opportunity employer and we focus on diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Note: Only applicants with existing rights to work in USA will be considered for this role.