ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Established in 1982 by a small team that developed Australia’s first Modem, NetComm Wireless has evolved to become a leading global innovator of data communications technologies. Combining advanced R&D and wireless expertise with a unique understanding of customer needs, our engineers accelerate innovation across software development, hardware product development, testing, support and research. Leading-edge technologies are engineered in-house to ensure that manufacturing automation and tight quality controls meet the demands of a connected world. Based in Sydney and Melbourne (Australia) and in Sunrise, Florida (US), our team of engineers work closely with partners around the globe to develop bespoke solutions that evolve with ever changing business needs.
You are a self-motivated team player and an eager collaborator, curious and constantly thinking of creative ways to make things better. You will demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach with an attention to detail and a willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities to create robust products according to specifications in a timely fashion.
- Designing and developing code to meet specifications
- Ensure that all code written is of high quality and is well tested
- Perform thorough unit testing and test automation, identify and solve problems
- Ensure documentation is comprehensive, accurate, and up to date
- Provide timely analysis of issues, and pursue their solution to completion
- Keep up to date with relevant technology
- Build strong internal relationships
- Support team members via code-review feedback, mentoring, and information and knowledge sharing
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience with the software product lifecycle
- C programming proficiency is essential, as well as knowledge of shell scripting and related utilities
- Good knowledge of computer networking (IP networks, routing protocols, VPNs, WiFi, cellular networks)
- Hands-on working knowledge of Linux
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills, with demonstrable experience at solving real-world problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as an effective part of a team
- Knowledge of Mobile Networks (LTE/3GPP)
- Experience with embedded systems
You will have the support of an award-winning team who provide mentoring and opportunities to learn in a supportive team environment. Be part of a team that is a growing centre of software excellence.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click APPLY now to be considered.
To be successful in your application you must be able to demonstrate the above-listed mandatory skills.
Only applicants with existing rights to work in Australia will be considered for this role.