Project Manager is a key role within Engineering where he/she will be actively involve in scoping, planning and managing the delivery of product development projects.
Throughout the project development project life cycle, the Project Manager will be managing a group of engineering resources to deliver project milestones efficiently and on time.
The role will also involve interfacing with other company departments outside Engineering such as Operations & Marketing in relation to product release handover and capturing product requirements.
- Day-to-day management of project resources to ensure scheduled tasks assigned are being executed.
- Work closely with Software and Test Team Leader to identify and create the appropriate project team members.
- Conduct regular project status review and update meetings with project resources.
- Provide weekly project status reports to Principal Technology officer.
- Work with project team resources to compile project closure reports for all projects being managed.
- Ensure all project activities and deliveries are defined in Engineering Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) platform.
- Ensure all project defects pre and post product launch is being resolved and addressed efficiently.
- Ensure project scheduling is always managed and optimised to deliver products in the shortest project duration without compromising quality.
- Work closely with Technical Lead to ensure project/product requirements are defined and implementation meets the requirements.
Key success criteria
- Significant hands-on project management experience (e.g 5+ years).
- Proven project management experience with product development projects involving multi-discipline engineering resources.
- Proven experience in managing external supplier or engineering capacity to delivery project milestones.
- Superb communication skills & experience in managing customer expectations.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Must be highly independent and responsible
- Strong technical background highly desirable (e.g Computer Science, Software/Electrical Engineering)
- Formal Project Management certification an advantage (e.g. Prince2/PMP), however not required (this can be provided by NetComm).
- Exposure/experience in electronics implementation and prototyping process within Telecommunication industry preferred.
- Proven understanding of software development methodologies, e.g. Agile.
- Good working knowledge of networking and telecommunication technologies.
- Previous experience interfacing with non-engineering teams to facilitate external technical requests.