Looking for a wonderful opportunity to work for a global company with innovative world leading projects that delivers innovative telecommunications products and services? Other highlights include but are not limited to
- Focus on delivering unique solutions specific to our clients’ needs
- New Role – chance to make it your own and have a real impact
- Growing Business with state-of-the-art R&D facilities
NetComm (ASX: NTC) is a global developer of solutions that bridge the gap between fibre and the home, device or machine. In a world where everyone’s connected life matters, Fixed Wireless broadband, wireless M2M/Industrial IoT and Fibre to the distribution point (FTTdp) solutions are specially engineered for challenging deployments. At NetComm we understand that no one-solution fits all. Every operator, carrier and enterprise is different, so we build the right VDSL, Gfast, 4G and 5G solution to meet specific network, market and geographic conditions worldwide. Established in 1982, NetComm is a globally renowned innovator of world-first data communications technologies. We have our offices in Australia, Europe/UK and US.
We are seeking a motivated and efficient NPI (New Product Introduction) Team Leader, who will provide leadership to the NPI team who conduct production planning, materials sourcing, and product cost controlling. NPI Engineers enable design, development and delivery of high quality products on time and within allocated budget. As a leader of this team, s/he will report to Head of Engineering Operations and will have crucial role in working with cross-functional teams and off-shore suppliers to ensure smooth operation of production ramp up of all our products. Overseas travel will be included up to 30% of the time.
- Maintain effective communications with all key stakeholders: ODM/OEMs, Program/Product Management, Operations, Manufacturing team, Supply Chain, Leadership, etc.
- Identify & communicate production requirements, develop & maintain build plans, track material sourcing (GTL), and ensure OEM capacity & capability for production/
- Establish manufacturing cost baseline and ensure production cost per unit within acceptable limit.
- Champion our quality management plan (QMP) ensuring high quality products manufactured in acceptable environment to ISO standards; maintain issue registers, identify options for resolutions, and communicate risks succinctly to management.
- Facilitate RFP review process to ensure supplier selection process is fair and achieve the best outcome for schedule, cost and quality.
- Manage communications with OEM partners to ensure they adhere to international standards.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing production capability to develop new products and/or variants of products to enable quick time to market.
- Understand and practice optimal supply chain strategy to facilitate smooth transition from Development to Production handover
Skills and experience?
- 7+ years of industry experience in New Product Introduction / Supply Chain Management roles, with hands-on experience in managing off-shore OEMs
- Working experience in Electronics manufacturing industry, with a good understanding of Mechanical and Electronic components sourcing.
- Knowledge of NPI, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, and Change management processes.
- Expertise in data driven approach to make decisions and take actions.
- Proficient in NPI tools - BOM management PLM, Manufacturing Requirements Planning MRP.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to lead and advance the team through various stages of growth.
- Demonstrate skills in project management and technical writing with an aptitude for independent research/analysis and continuous improvement.
- Good understanding of product design, development & manufacturing processes.
- Excellent team player and passionate about high quality product delivery
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive, or similar) and/or Management.
- Preferred Project/Program management qualifications, such as PMP or Prince2.
- Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative analysis techniques, statistics & probability, adept at conducting distribution analysis, unit cost estimation, etc.
Perks and Benefits?
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Paid Parental leave
- Flexible hours
Due to the fast nature of this opportunity, only successful candidates will be contacted in this instance.
NetComm is an equal opportunity employer and we focus on diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Note: Only applicants with existing rights to work in Australia will be considered for this role.