About our Company:
Established in 1982 by a small team that developed Australia’s first Modem, NetComm Wireless has evolved to become a leading global innovator of data communications technologies. Combining advanced R&D and wireless expertise with a unique understanding of customer needs, our engineers accelerate innovation across software development, hardware product development, testing, support and research. Leading-edge technologies are engineered in-house to ensure that manufacturing automation and tight quality controls meet the demands of a connected world. Based in Sydney and Melbourne (Australia) and in Sunrise, Florida (US), our team of engineers work closely with partners around the globe to develop bespoke solutions that evolve with ever changing business needs.
You are an eager collaborator, curious and constantly thinking of creative ways to make things better. As a successful applicant you will be an adaptable and flexible individual with an attention to detail who is willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of development within the engineering department.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of mission critical infrastructure within the engineering department (build servers, continuous integration, automated test, network, SVN, TestTrack, traffic generators and other test equipment)
- Responsible for the enhancement of the capabilities of this infrastructure, designing and implementing new features as well as identifying and fixing issues to improve efficiency and capability of development work.
- Ensure all infrastructure is functional, up-to-date, backed up, and the necessary security precautions are in place. Proactively identifies the need to upgrade/maintain software and systems to ensure full functionality and security of infrastructure while minimizing downtime of services.
- Contribute to debugging software issues, especially in the crossover between product and build system
- Thoroughly document development tools and servers.
Technical Skills Required
- Excellence in a variety of programming languages relevant for a Linux based dev environment (e.g. Bash, Python, ideally C)
- Demonstrates a passion for helping other engineers do their job as efficiently as possible (via well-oiled infrastructure and process)
- Cares deeply about the having correct processes in place, and for processes being followed
- An attitude of thoroughness and attention to detail worthy of a psych evaluation
- Able operate completely independently, self-identifying worthy tasks, milestones and deadlines
If you believe you have the capability and drive to take on this exciting role, please Apply by clicking the “Apply Now” Button. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.