NetComm Wireless is committed to ensure the health and safety of all workers and visitors to NetComm sites and our client sites through their decision making, influence and behaviours that enable the success of our health and safety initiatives and compliance programs. The term ‘worker’, as defined by the Work Health and Safety Act, includes employees, volunteers, contractors, sub-contractors, apprentices and work experience students. The cooperation of all workers at all levels is required to achieve our objectives through compliance with our documented work health and safety management system.
NetComm Wireless has demonstrated commitment to maintain systems in accordance with the requirements of applicable national and international standards. NetComm Wireless holds third party certifications for AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001 Work Health and Safety Management Systems.
As a Company, we will:
- Meet all our obligations under applicable Work Health and Safety Acts and Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standards,
- Review and improve our work health and safety management system
- Strive for zero harm by providing a safe environment for all who enter our workplaces
- Eliminate or minimise risk to health and safety, so far as is reasonably practicable
- Investigate incidents and implement corrective actions to prevent similar future incidents.
- Deliver high quality products and services to meet our client’s safety requirements
- Communicate this policy and ensure to all workers and visitors have shared understanding and commitment to these principles
As Workers, we will:
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety requirements as set out by NetComm Wireless
- Take responsibility and care for our own health and safety by following NetComm’s safe working principles, also our works do not adversely affect the health and safety of others
- Participate in training and induction programs
- Report all hazards, incidents and near misses and assist with actions to reduce or eliminate risks
- Ensure that visitors are escorted at all times at NetComm premises.
As Visitors, we will:
- Be under supervision of a NetComm Wireless worker at all times
- Comply with all NetComm workplace health and safety requirements
- Not conduct any work unless fully inducted and authorised to do so
This policy is a guiding principle for NetComm Wireless and will be reviewed periodically to ensure its ongoing relevance and confirm NetComm Wireless’s ongoing commitment to the work health and safety.
29 Jun 2017